MY LIFE AS A LAW STUDENT


           MY LIFE AS A LAW STUDENT





Being a lawyer, reading law books, researching, examining, investigating and searching has come a long way with me in my life. I find now it to be part of life without which I probably can't live. Well, its said that life of a law student is hectic as we are always surrounded by pile of books....and yes that's an absolute truth. Though, to my mind I feel it to be not books but the whole world just hidden in some white sheets with colored inks. Books are not just information or rather knowledge but a complete picture of the world around you in form of words. My life as a law student was serendipitous. Never ever dreamt of being surrounded by lectures, thick law books and case laws....never ! Sometimes life becomes a big exclamation that we stand wondering of things happening around. Life is complicated, sometimes muddled but it can be made much easier and interesting if we adopt the ability of adaptability. And yeah I adapted myself to the atmosphere of law. And when I did , I felt then the real change which took me into the career of law. The interest in me triggered to learn and know what was law about? why is such a thing as that? These questions opened me and I started willing to learn new things, take on  new challenges and began to explore the beauty of law. And this is how everything became interesting in my life as a Law student.


Law is one of the most beautiful things in the world. Personally I feel it to more elegant than being beautiful as elegance is different from beauty. Entering law, I could not only see the nature of things but the uniqueness of  its own logic, the very application of how the work is done. In simple, I could see the "behind the scene" of an issue. Law helped me to dig deeper and far beyond the ordinary thinking. 

I joined my Law school in the year 2018.  A fresh bright morning of  May 26, opening the windows, feeling the touch of sun on my face, praising God with smiling flowers and singing birds started my day blissfully. Imagining myself to be a six year old kid getting ready for her first day school  and yes, that was the same feeling that I felt on that day. 
Entering my class with a fresh air and new faces made me feel a new beginning.

Soon, got new friends, gossips, talks, discussion...wow! the very thing that one could wait on. The most interesting part of college, in fact for most law students is Library. Library is the most suitable place where we used to gather cause obviously there's a lot of reading. We made our library not just the place of reading and researching but a place of discussion whereas we already had a separate room for it.
It is the place where we spend most of our time. It is difficult to explain how much reading a law degree involves other than to say that there are a lot of law books. Ironically,  I usually spend less time reading in library. I mostly participate in discussions and debate, reading stuffs -  it's done at home. I, basically like reading at home because my reading usually and mostly involves researching which I fail to do concentratedly in library.

The most ironical moment is when everyone asks us legal advice or doubts and we won't give. In those starting days, my friends and relatives used to ask me for legal advice and I mostly fail to give it. The more law we know the less confident we become. Not acquainted with this fact, people asks us questions. All this of course assumes that we know the area of law our friends are asking about in practical detail in the first place, which usually isn't the case because law degrees are more theoretical than practical. It doesn't matter how many times we say them, but they continue asking us until we get frustrated. Those were the starting days. But now those questions are the one that I personally feel to be my greatest teacher. I, from the beginning, learnt from these questions the basic knowledge of law.




The most fascinating thing of being a law student is facing new challenges. Call for papers, Research Conferences, Moot court competitions, Speech competitions and debates, a dazzling sets of challenges that takes us up to another level.
I did my publication on Medico-legal issues which was a whole new experience of sharing our opinion amongst many Honourable Judges, learned advocates, Legal advisers Professors and Students. Speech competitions and debates were my best companions  since school. I love participating in such competition. The most different, unaccustomed and strange of all was Moot court competitions. I, at the beginning had not a speck of idea of what Moot court was. But when I got to know and participated, it became the most extraordinarily remarkable tool that I as a  law student have done in my life.  I would rate it 10 stars. Every Law student  should participate at least once in their learning period or else I would say that their law education would remain half incomplete. 
My first Moot was on Illegal construction issue in connection with CRZ norms. It was one of my most fabulous experience of arguing, debating and proving my point. Yeah that's when I felt a spark of confidence in me and decided to participate in more such competitions.






Each day  I counted as a new learning. Classroom was our play station where we play most of the time than learning. Our playing involves arguing, Mock trials, False evidence and Third degree.... YES, these were games that made our classroom a better place of playing rather than mere learning. Enjoyment in the air always followed me everywhere, making me a gem of my life. I would say everything sunk in my life all because I changed myself , I began liking what I was put into , I change my career into my interest.

My life is now crowded with such extremely amazing things. When I look back to my old days where I never had any idea of learning law, I feel so bad for that but now I wish to go back to me and tell that "you will be surrounded by incredible things in the coming days". Now, at the time of posting this blog, I am in third year of my graduation stuck in between the high-risk pandemic of Covid-19. Yes, I miss my college now in this long break. Hope to see the bliss soon.

5 comments:

  1. 👏👏🤝அருமை அருமை... இந்த வலைப் பதிவு அருமையாக உள்ளது.
    உங்களுடைய மூட் நீதிமன்றத்தின் அனுபவம் மற்றும் அதில் எவ்வாறு பங்கேற்பது அதற்கு எவ்வாறு தயார் ஆக வேண்டும் மற்றும் அதன் விதிமுறைகளைப் பற்றி பகிர்ந்தால் மிக பயனுள்ளதாக இருக்கும்... 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for ur encouraging words....I will surely do a blog on that....please give out more such topics to make content....thank you

      Delete
  2. 👏👏🤝அருமை அருமை... இந்த வலைப் பதிவு அருமையாக உள்ளது.
    உங்களுடைய மூட் நீதிமன்றத்தின் அனுபவம் மற்றும் அதில் எவ்வாறு பங்கேற்பது அதற்கு எவ்வாறு தயார் ஆக வேண்டும் மற்றும் அதன் விதிமுறைகளைப் பற்றி பகிர்ந்தால் மிக பயனுள்ளதாக இருக்கும்... 🙏

    ReplyDelete